August 29, 2011

Mommy Moments and Teacher Toil

Hello Fifth Graders and Parents,

Today was my first day back in our classroom. I dropped Zander off for his first day of daycare which was a little scary for me! I understand how your parents feel when they drop you off for school on your first day. I wondered how he was doing ALL day.  I managed to only call in to check on him once even though I wanted to call every ten minutes. However, I did have plenty of work to do to distract me.

I organized the furniture, including your desks and chairs which are set up into groups. I cleaned our class library, put up posters and bulletin boards, counted out your textbooks, set up the document camera, projector and Promethean Board, sent out a letter to all Mountain Guides and went to a few meetings. Phew! I was tired by the end of the day, I can tell you! I think I need to build up my stamina.

I printed off our class list so I can label your mailboxes, coat hooks and the job chart. Looking at the list, I realized we have an AMAZING class. I can't wait to see all of you on the first day.  I hope you can come to the Ice Cream Social on Thursday between 4-6 pm. You can bring in your labeled school supplies and set them up at your desk, ready for the first day. If you can't make it, don't worry, you can bring your labeled supplies in on the first day and I will give you some time to get organized. 

I will be working hard all week getting ready for you. See you soon! 

                               Zander's first day of daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment